Thursday, June 4, 2009

oh~what a FREAGGIN day!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*I FREAGGIN SCREWEED up my first day at work!! *
TODAY...
i woke up at around 8 freaggin am,
freagginly ate breakfast,
tidy up the freaggin mess i made ( was expecting a roomate),
freagginly woke Sheirly and Chloe up,
freagginly showered,
changed into my freaggin and dorky uniform,
combed my unfreaggin hair,
tied my unfreaggin hair,
wore my freaggin socks and shoes..
by the time im all set..
it was freagginly 11.30am..
GREAT!..i was all happy and excited for work!
and started heading towards FREAGGIN Gristmill (my station!)
UNfortonutely...
i forgotten where my freaggin workplace is
i thought i freagginly remembered..
its definitely inside somewhere in that freaggin cowboy town
damn! this place is like a freaggin maze
everywhere looked the same
and after half an hour..
i realised..
..
..
..
..
I WENT TO THE FREAGGIIN WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was the opposite direction from where i was standing....ah my effing goodness!!
so..i turned back...
and walked the other freaggin way...
hallelujah..
im in cowboy town now..
MANA TAU..
i freagginly got lost again...
and spend the next 20 minutes asking around for freaggin directions..
but almost everyone shook their heads..
nobody knows where that freaggin place is!
and then..
i freagginly bumped into an old guy with an id card...
Great!..
a senior employee..
he must've been around here for a freaggin lonnnnngggggggggg time
i was ecstatic..
maybe he knows where that freaggin place is
i went over and asked..
and took a clearer look at his id while he was telling me where to go
*JOHN HILDERBUNDT*
then it dawned on me...
...
....
..
..
...
....
..
isnt that the CEO HERE??!!
i instantly remembered people telling me that there'll be people from the top patrolling around like undercover cops to catch idling employees
Oh what a freak?!
however..
i kept my cool..
and stayed calm..
in case my nerves gave me away..
so..i thanked him...with a smile of course
and briskly walk away from that spot..
and tada!!..
im there!=)
BUT!!!...i was an hour late..
suppose to clock in by 12 noon....argh..
fortunately,
not only was my supervisor cute,
but he was understanding too...
he totally understood my predicament and did not reprimand me=)
hence..i start my first day..=)
IT was cool at first
since i only mopped the floor and wiped a few cabinets
untill they put me in charge of the cash register.
the 1st few hours were in total chaos (like i expected)
i kept keying the wrong amounts,
and slowed down the whole transaction processes..
poor customers had to wait to get their change back
and i could smell impatience from some of them..oops~
well.those were just minor stuffs..
here comes disaster...
after we closed the shop,
each cashiers were suppposed to calculate the amount of money inside their cash register and compare them with the total amount on their respective receipt..
there will always be slight deviations..
which is totally normal..
but guess how much mine differed from the amount shown on my receipt..
USD$ 39.98!!
argh....and my supervisors spend almost 2 hours figuring out the cause behind it!
and thats exactly how long i felt bad about it...=(
finally..the verdict is out..
there were some miscalculations while i was trying to void the errors i made in the cash register
and all employees aren't suppose to make amendments themselves...
they should always get their supervisors to aid them..
argh..i panicked la..what to do?..
but i anticipated all these to happen
to someone as muddleheaded as me..=(
and the worst part is..
I ONLY WORK FOR max 6hrs per day..
meaning..
wages after minusing taxes and expenses..
are way lesser now=(
oh~ what a day..
and tomorrow's another one..zz..



















1 comment:

  1. Hey Charlene,
    wow, that must be hell of a time..
    but it's okay! it was just your first day!
    Glad 2nd day was better :)

    Dont worry, u'll get used to it after a while and maybe u'll be one of the best helper there :)

    take care ya!

    *sorry for visiting ur blog a little late

    Jess

    ReplyDelete